Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beginning My 66th Year

Beach Roses in our RI yard.
I have been inspired by a cousin to write every day this year. As I approach my sixty-sixth year, I think it is important for me to finally develop some discipline with my writing. I love to blog, and journalling is no different. Beginning today, as I approach my sixty-sixth birthday, I will attempt to do just that.

Writing is a passion for me, and my need for immediate gratification makes blogging the perfect vehicle to publish my work. I also love to take photographs, so my images will also, as usual, be incorporated in my daily logs.

I'm not sure what will come up in this blog, but I eagerly await what my mind will create. How will I approach the year? What changes will be made; will I make? What will remain the same? What permissions will I grant myself? What will I allow myself to let go of? Let's see what happens. I'm already feeling the weight of inaction nagging at the back of my mind. This weight is self-sabotaging, and requires release. I will plow through it until the feeling goes away. Well, it's getting late anyway, and I must clean my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment